Surrey Forklift Training deliver professional accredited training in the safe operation and driving of Forklift Trucks, Access Platforms (Cherry-Picker, Scissor Lifts), Telescopic Handlers, Lorry Mounted Cranes (HAIB) and many other pieces of load moving machinery commonly found in warehouse and industrial environments for example Side loaders and Pivot Steer trucks. We also deliver training in more specialist required areas such as Tow Tractors, Mobile Lighting Units and Vehicle Banksman training.
As well as operator training we are also 1 of 90 training organisations in the UK accredited by the RTITB to deliver Instructor Training at our training centre. Our courses are ideal for employers requiring the need for an in-house instructor or for those who wish to add to their list of skills in order to work as a lift truck instructor.
- Course introduction and induction
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 - approved code of practice
- Operator safety and observation
- Pre-Shift checks
- Defect reporting procedures
- Lift Truck stability - Engineering principles and weight assessment
- Driving within simulated working conditions
- Manoeuvring skills
- Rated capacity / Load centre
- Hydraulic system and use of the controls
- Stacking / de-stacking - load handling skills
- Vehicle loading and offloading
- Refuelling and Recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
- Theoretical examination
- Practical examination
As an accredited training organisation we can offer RTITB photo id cards for an additional cost of £25 per person. For individuals completing their training at our centre this card is included in the course cost. This then enables the trainee to operate any counterbalance forklift up to a 5000 kgs lifting capacity (with permission) anywhere in the UK. Their names and details are kept on a National Operators Registration Scheme database (NORS) for 3 years.
Both the photo ID card and certificate are valid throughout the UK and will be recognised by both employment agencies and perspective employers.
This is optional, and if employers prefer, we can supply in-house certificates, only allowing the candidates to operate lift trucks / machinery for your company.
Free forklift safety poster sent out with certificates.
Note: both options receive identical training
More information regarding the RTITB and the National Operators Registration Scheme (NORS) can be found by visiting www.rtitb.co.uk
When conducting training at clients' premises we will require:
- An open area either indoors or outdoors
- A number of pallets both empty and loaded
- The use of any racking if available
- A room in which to carry out the theory training